Submission Information and Requirements
Camera-ready versions of accepted refereed papers should follow the author instructions provided.The size of poster stands available during poster session is: width 100 cm x height 250 cm. The specific size of each poster is an author’s choice, (i.e., one vertical A0, two A1, several A2,..) provided you don’t exceed your assigned stand of 1m x 2,5m.
Refereed Papers for WWW2009 must be submitted via the Refereed Papers Submission site at EasyChair. Please also note that English is the only language adopted in this conference. All papers submitted MUST be written in English.*** Refereed paper submission deadline is 11:59pm (Hawaii time) on November 3, 2008. ***
Accepted refereed papers will appear in the conference proceedings published by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), and will also be accessible to the general public via http://www2009.org. Authors of accepted papers will be required to release copyright to the IW3C2 (See Copyright Release Form in pdf).
Refereed papers must be submitted as PDF documents. No other format will be accepted. It is the responsibility of all authors to produce PDF documents that can be read and printed on any platform. Please check to ensure that you can produce PDF documents well before the submission deadline. The inability to produce a PDF document will not result in an extension of the paper submission deadline.
Refereed papers must be no longer than 10 pages overall, including title, references, figures, diagrams, appendices, etc. Over-length or incorrectly formatted submissions will most likely be rejected without reviewing.
Refereed papers can be prepared using either LaTeX or Microsoft Word. (Other document preparation systems can be used, but are not recommended and no assistance will be provided in the case of problems. Authors using other document preparation systems are responsible for producing output completely equivalent to that produced using one of the methods below.) If using LaTex or Microsoft Word, the following style files must be used for submission of refereed papers and poster papers:
- Microsoft Word:
These are modified versions of the ACM proceedings style files. More information on the style files can be found at:
Information on ACM categories, subject descriptors, and general terms is at:
- To ensure your submission is formatted for Letter paper use "dvipdf -t letter" (or equivalent).
- All authors should be listed on the front page. For instructions for more than 3 authors, see http://www.acm.org/sigs/pubs/proceed/sigfaq.htm#a18.
- Recent versions of MiKTeX may not work with the WWW2008 styles due to a font problem in MiKTeX. More information on this problem is available at http://www.acm.org/sigs/pubs/proceed/sigfaq.htm#a22.
Notes for Microsoft Word users:
- Converting from Microsoft Word format to PDF depends on which version of Word and which other software you have
on your system.
- For Word 2007 users, you can directly publish a copy of your Word document as a PDF file. However you may need to install the PDF add-in before you can use this built-in PDF functionality.
- Prior to Word 2007 there was no built-in PDF functionality. You need a third-party utility. There are numerous available, many for free, such as PDF 995 and CutePDF Writer. You can also search on the Web or ask for advice in the Word Discussion Groups.
- Another possible way to produce PDF from Microsoft Word is to use OpenOffice. You will have to download and install a recent version of OpenOffice. OpenOffice is available at http://openoffice.org.
Inquiries about the submission process can be sent to easychair-www2009 at dit.upm.es. Any inquiries should be sent well before the submission deadline.
Panel Proposals, Poster Papers, Tutorial Proposals, and Workshop Proposals
See formatting requirements and submission instructions from the CFP pages: